Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

June 16, 2011

New Pics (Week 1)

I have to remind myself why I really started this photo blog.  I needed a place that would hold all my pictures and notes so that I could look back to see my progression as I journeyed through my new found interest, photography!  My goal is to take new pictures on a weekly basis and post them for my own review and reference.  I will title these posts New Pics (Week X) and use the label 'new' to locate these posts easily.  These posts will also serve as a central location for me to refer when making submissions to photo challenges.  I feel I should structure these posts in a certain way to remain consistent and organized throughout my click, click, clicking ventures.  I may, from time to time, share my before & afters to keep record of my picture taking progression and editing style changes.  Camera settings are an entirely different story.  I think it would take me too long to note camera settings as they tend to differ from picture to picture. I do, however, find comfort in knowing I can always refer to the properties of my computer image files for this information!  I may make notes or share some resources that I stumbled upon that week.  Although I say these posts are for me, don't be fooled!  Everyone loves visitors, but more importantly comments!  Feel free to tune in however often you'd like!  Oh and if I don't get a chance to say it, "Thank You in advance for visiting my site!"  I truly appreciate your interest.

My baby was so proud of herself.  This is only her second time standing in her crib! 
I can't believe how BIG she is getting.


I love how this one of my baby's feet looked as a Polaroid!






The below picture is of a garden ornament that my mom keeps as a welcoming piece near her front door. 


Livvy's piggy bank.







The below picture is a little blurry, but I wanted a real close-up.

When I use the eye brightening tool in picnik I feel like it also sharpens as well. 
I don't think the blurriness is as noticeable in my edited version.







and back to my edited pics.  I used a Bokehlicious Dancing Light action in
this picture that I purchased from Paint the Moon.




There is actually a texture in the picture below also purchased from Paint the Moon. 



Again, I used another Bokehlicious Dancing Light action on the photo below.




Can you believe I actually caught my own natural dancing light?  Pretty cool I think.


This is another texture, one of my favorites, that I purchased from Paint the Moon. 
I think it works well with this photo.

2 comments :

  1. If this is a "new" hobby...then you're a natural. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shots! :) Love the BW bike one with the details in the handle. I use th picnik eye brightener too, I think it adds that little extra that is sometimes missing. Its usually all I use there, I wish I could snag that app, so I wouldnt have to upload everytime. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...