Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

August 4, 2011

New Pics (Week 6)... From 'To Do' to 'To Done'

Yesterday I was trying to nap when Livvy went down for hers, but my brain had other plans!   No matter how much I’d try to fight my thoughts, I still found myself awake and thinking after 10 minutes, ½ hour, an hour, and, yes, even 3 hours later.  So there it was 3:10 pm and random words from my To Do list were floating in my head.  I decided to share them below in an effort to remove them from my head.

Presents    eyeglasses    VACATION    appointment    dentist    pop-up tent    book    LAUNDRY    diapers    ELMO    dinner    musical instruments    LOLA    schedule    teeth    vacuum    BIRTHDAY    WHOLE MILK    food shopping

So let me break these down one by one.

1.  Presents:  As in Birthday Presents that I need to buy.  I need to buy my mom something for her birthday which is on Saturday.  As in this Saturday.  Before Alivia, I would have my mom’s birthday presents picked out at least a month in advance, wrapped with a bow and everything, heartfelt card attached and all.
2.  Eyeglasses / Appointment:  In desperate need of new frames.  Perhaps a new eye prescription too, but I wouldn’t know for sure since I haven’t been able to make an eye doctor’s appointment yet.
3.  Vacation:  Still trying to figure out if and how much money we may have to be able to take another small vacation this year?
4.  Dentist / Teeth:  I need to make an appointment for a routine dental cleaning, ummmm yesterday!  I’ve put this off for way too long.
5.  Pop-up Tent:  You know to go camping.  While I was trying to establish whether we could afford another vacation, camping came to mind as it is a more affordable way to get away!  Of course a pop-up tent has a price tag of who knows how much, hence the word still floating in my mind.  I have to do some online research to see what I can find.
6.  Book:  I’m in the mood to read a good photography book; something great that will teach and inspire me at the same time.
7.  Laundry:  The piles of dirty clothes that spill over our multiple hampers do NOT wash themselves.  No matter how often I do laundry, I still have more to do.  When does it stop?  Really?8.  Diapers:   Yes we are running low on diapers again.  I think these will forever be on my shopping list at least until Livvy is peeing and pooping in the potty.
9.  Elmo:  I was in Laconia this past weekend visiting family and Livvy’s cousin Esterina had a little Elmo doll that Livvy would not put down.  Every where she walked, Elmo went with her.  Although she has an Elmo puppet already it’s a bit too cumbersome for her to walk around holding.  I have to get my bum up and out to Babies ‘R Us for a hand sized Elmo.
10.  Dinner:  Since Livvy is now eating people food, the question of my days has been – What the hell am I cooking her for dinner?   She is still quite picky.
11.  Musical Instrument:  I realized that out of all the toys that Livvy has, not one is an instrument.  Yes she has noise, song, and rattle makers, but not one is an actual instrument.  I thought this might be nice for her upcoming birthday in less than two weeks.
12.  Lola:  As in my sister and Livvy’s Aunt.  She has been away in California and we haven’t been there to visit in awhile.  I’m thinking maybe this week.  It’s been difficult to schedule around my sister’s work and Livvy’s napping schedule.
13.  Speaking of schedules.  Schedule is next on my list.  As in Livvy’s recently changed eating and sleeping schedule.  I usually have her schedule all typed up for her daddy, nana, baby sitters, etc.  to reference.  Currently, however, I’ve been staring at a blank computer screen.   You’d think that I could just update her old schedule, but NO it’s not that easy.  Too many changes.  I’ll have to start from scratch.
14.  Vacuum:  The house could always use a good vacuuming.  Dirty floors is a pet peeve of mine especially now when Livvy is constantly crawling, shuffling, scooting  along the floors.  I shudder to think what type of dirt she is picking up on her knees, belly, and bare feet!
15.  Birthday:  Yes.  Alivia’s birthday is less than two weeks away and I am still preparing every day.
16.  Whole Milk:  It’s almost that time for Alivia to make the switch from formula to whole milk.  I can’t believe that day has finally come!  I need to get myself to Market Basket to buy some.
17.  Which takes us to my last ‘to do’.  Food shopping.  We should have went this past weekend but with all of the events, didn’t have a chance.
I actually drafted this email about 3 days ago and since have been able to complete some of these tasks.  I love crossing out what I've managed to get done.  It's fun to see my progress and I can give myself a nice pat on the back.  Go Me!

Now on to my pictures.  And they have nothing to do with this post.  I find that a lot of times I may write a post that has absolutely nothing to do with the pictures I share.  No Alivia this time.  I chose to do some still life of absolutely random objects around the house.  No flash used.  I like to use natural light.  My SOOC shots came out so great that I barely had to do any touching up.  The only edits I made were adding warmth or, to some, a conversion to black and white.  I always have to throw some black & white pictures to the mix.  There is something about black & white that can make a picture so much more interesting.

Since the drafting of this email, I managed to get out to Barnes & Noble yesterday to buy myself a couple of photography books that I'd like to share.  One is called Mamarazzi Every Mom's Guide to Photographing Kids by Stacy Wasmuth which I chose to read first.  Already I was inspired by a great quote:

"I truly believe that what I do is not about pictures on paper.  It's about making a connection.  The portrait is a side effect."
- Cheryl Jacobs

The other book I picked up is called SELF-PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY by Natalie Dybisz.  Yes, I'd like to take a stab at Self Portraiture some day soon.  We'll see.  I don't always photograph well so it will be a challenge to get some good pictures that I'm actually happy with!

Lastly, I have to add one more item to my To Do list.

18.   Return:  Return the books I bought from Barnes & Noble that I paid $16.00 more for than if I bought them on Amazon.  That's what I get for being impatient!  I knew Amazon would have them for a better price but I didn't want to wait for them to ship.  Stupid I know.  $16 is another box of diapers for Livvy!

Okay on to the pics.  This time I really mean it.

Strawberries.


Shoes.

















Teapot.












Stemware.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...