Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

April 13, 2012

You don't scare me Friday the 13th!

I used to think Friday the 13th was such a scary day.  It was bad luck and nothing good could come from it.  You could say I am a little superstitious.  You'll find me knocking on wood after almost everything I say and you'll never catch me saying things of this nature:

"We will not hit traffic"  (start hitting your breaks now and be prepared to be late)
"The weather has been terrific"  (seriously, you are just asking for rain)
"I have a fast metabolism"  (you may as well start the diet now 'cause that Italian pastry is going straight to your ass)
"I'm never sick"  (call in sick now; you are going to catch the flu, stomach, and any other major or minor virus that is going around)
"I don't feel pregnant"  (just stick your head in the toilet bowl and hire someone to hold your hair back)
"I don't burn in the sun"  (stock up on the Aloe Vera gel now while you are still able to move all of your limbs)
"The lines aren't bad"  (bring a book, listen to your IPOD, draft a post or something, 'cause you, my friend, are going to be waiting for a long time)

I think you catch my meaning.  So, where am I going with all of this?  I'm going straight to Alivia, that's where.  She was born in August on Friday the 13th, 2010.  I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th until one of the nurses reminded me.  It's funny how things work out.  On this day, instead of thinking that bad luck may find me, I find myself reminiscing over the birth of Alivia and the amazing little person that I brought into the world.  It was the happiest day of my life!

2 comments :

  1. LOVE that she was born on friday the 13th! i try not to ever give this superstitious day any weight... that just makes it spookier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. You are too funny ;) And what a gorgeous pictures! It's so easy to forget how tinee tiny they once were. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...